Horse News. Christian Living. Equine Education
The Christian Equestrian's Literary "Stamp" in Type
7 Reasons We Can Be Thankful
7 Reasons We Can Be Thankful!
Thankfulness is a true mark of Christianity. It is an outpouring from the heart of rejoicing in God’s provision.
The born-again Christian has every reason to be thankful. Here’s just a few explanations why:
- Our lives are enriched with purpose. Christ’s own life was given as a ransom to redeem us from sin. And God’s provision didn’t stop there! He gave us Salvation for free. We could never earn or pay the price of such a gift (Eph. 2:8-9). Every day, He is working in our behalf to unfurl His specific, individual plan for each of our lives (Eph. 2:10). God made us to bring Him glory (Is. 43:7)! In Jesus Christ, we each have a reason for living, a hope for tomorrow and a joy for today.
- Our lives are enriched with gifts and benefits. God bountifully provides for all our needs (Philippians 4:19). Jesus is our Great Shepherd, carefully preparing a place for us, tending to our needs (Jn. 10:14). Every day He is leading us in His pathways whether through valleys or green pastures (Ps. 23). He takes delight in blessing us (Ps. 149:4)!
- We have freedom! Through trusting and obeying the Lord and His Word, as Christians we find God’s righteous lifestyle to be one of true liberation. His ways guard us from evil—freeing us! Through our willingness to live according to His Word, It positions us to receive blessings of genuine worth. When living like God wants, we have freedom (Ro. 8:1-11)!
- Our lives and souls are made like new! Regardless of present sorrows or past sins and/or tragedies, Christ has overcome them all. He took the burden of our sins and the agony of our sorrows; they were nailed to the cross (1 Cor. 15:3-5; 57). Christ is the Great Physician that heals the broken hearted (Ps. 147:3). He renews our strength that we might soar as eagles (Is. 40:31)! He puts a new song in our mouths that we might be like a chosen generation showing forth the praises of Him (Ps. 40; 1 Peter 2:9). Christ’s blood cleanses us from all our guilty stains (Re. 1:5)!
- We may know His truth and live like Christ today. The Lord has provided us the Holy Spirit to instruct our hearts (Jn. 14:26). When we accept Christ, the Spirit of the Lord renews our thinking in the mindset of Christ so we can value what God values (Eph.4:22-24). By having God’s view, we have an eternal, heavenly perspective. Prayer is our privilege to communicate with God Almighty. We can humbly come before the Throne of grace and make our requests known to Him (Ph. 4:6; He. 4:16).
- We are not alone. As one of God’s children, we are never alone! We belong to God’s family (Ps. 89:26). We are a chosen generation, joint heirs together with Christ (Ro. 8:17; 1 Pe. 2:9).
- We have a future and a hope! As Christians, today we have reason to be joyful despite the reality of living in a fallen world. Still, with our eyes fixed on Jesus, even the sufferings (or just the crumbling!) of this present time are not to be compared with the Glory of what is to come (Ro. 8:18; 2 Cor. 4:17). Jesus Christ has gone to prepare a place in Our Father’s House—just for us (Jn. 14:2). We will one day be with Him forever, feasting at His table. What a day that will be.
It takes being with Christ—in our hearts, souls and minds— to get the most out of living life. We don’t have to wait to be thankful. It doesn't take a special "setting". We can be thankful everyday. Every Christian is guaranteed all the best things in life that have eternal value. When we have God’s perspective, we can say with genuine thanksgiving
“Blessed be the Lord God…
Who only does wondrous things!
And blessed be His glorious name forever!
And let the whole earth be filled with His glory.
Amen and Amen.” Ps. 72:18-19